This week I was fully back into the flow of things. And even though I knew there were surely a million emails all with people needing things immediately, I started the week with a two-hour review session.
It was SO HARD not to check my work email.
But I had decided that spending time reviewing and practicing conscious entry (thanks, Havi for the concept!) for the week would make a difference. I told my very anxious brain the time spent in review is really time spent on the projects, because they’ll go faster and easier.
It’s probably an oddness of mine, but I don’t like to process things while I’m deciding what to process. I’d rather make a plan, then when I’m not in the planning state of mind go through the exercise, and if it needs to be adjusted make notes for the next time.
Over the weekend I took time to make a series of questions to make the process easier. How did the last week go, what’s coming up in the next week, what can I do now to make the next week easier, what am I forgetting – that sort of thing.
And on Monday, I just went through the sheets, cleared my head, closed out the last week and got ready for this one.
It worked. It worked SO well.
My original plan after the review session was to spend the day just working down the list, aiming to get at least half the emails processed, even if it was just a little bit.
I ended up getting all but two handled – maybe not fully done, but at least back in someone else’s court. And some extra tax-time bookkeeping as a bonus project!
Now, this could have been sheer, coincidence. But I don’t think so. As part of the review I looked a little at my notes from this time last year. I just want to hug me from then. I was SO stressed and worried about everything.
Too many things, and not enough boundaries.
I’m overjoyed that this year is different!
Tiny steps I took this week:
- I created what I think is a reasonable posting schedule.
- I’ve been experimenting with morning and evening routines, and not worrying too much when they don’t work out.
- I had a FABULOUS weekly review session, which ended up leaving me totally excited for the coming week.
- I’ve been experimenting with ads for The Missing Piece, and seem to be on the right track – go go testing of hypothesis!
- Many little things got done, which were all pressing on my head uncomfortably!
- A few more yoga nights – who knew?
What are your tiny steps for the week?